Thursday, October 4, 2012

The end

It is the end. The Phillies completed the 2012 season yesterday with a loss in Washington. I'm not surprised the season ended the way it did. The last few weeks the team tried to push towards the post-season, but they were down just a few too many games with too few to go.

It was a frustrating season with Utley and Howard out until almost the All-Star Game. I have a personal theory that games lost in April come back to haunt you in September. The Phils had a losing April. The last time they had a losing April was 2006, when they missed the play-offs on the last day of the season. Since then, the Phils have had a positive record in April equaling post-season play.

It's the first day without Phillies baseball and I was at a loss for what to do. I spent my evenings watching the Phils, but without post-season baseball, I'm kinda at sixes and sevens. I am not without baseball. The Orioles play the Rangers on Friday in the Wild Card play-off game. Hubby's team is the O's, so we'll be hanging out watching the O's beat the Rangers.

How many days til Spring Training?

No comments:

Post a Comment