Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

Korean War Memorial in Washington, D.C.

In the United States, today is Veteran's Day. It is based on the WWI Armistice, the "temporary cessation of hostilities, between the Allied nations and Germany [which] went into effect on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. For that reason, November 11, 1918, is generally regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars.” Today, we honor those who served in the U.S. military, past and present.

I honor those in my family who have served and are serving:

My father - Edward Riley Davis
Korean War (Army)
Coast Guard
Passed away on this day in 1988

My grandfather - John J. Tull
WWII (Airforce)

My uncle Denny
Airforce

My cousin Matt
Afghanistan (Airforce)

My cousin Mike
Airforce

Thank you to all those who serve and all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. You are truly heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment