Monday, November 12, 2012

Movie Madness 5k

Ever run a race because it's close to home? We live in the middle of nowhere and there are never races that are close. All "close" races are at least 30 minutes away. I've been seeing a 5k race advertised all over York the last few weeks that is literally 4 minutes from my house. It is my training area for all my runs. So, I've been debating whether I wanted to run it.

Why would I debate this? Ummm...because I haven't run since October 21st. Yes, that would be the Atlantic City Half Marathon. The last two Saturdays I meant to run. Really I did. I just didn't. *hangs head in shame* Then I just found out a friend of ours is coming into town to run the half marathon associated with the 5k. So, I spent time looking up the 5k, which I had the worst time finding. Then I finally found it. And I was still iffy.  Until...

I know most people think a medal for a 5k is dumb. I honestly don't care one way or another (except in the case of the Baltimore Running Festival), but hey, if they are going to give me a medal, I'm going to take it!

So, this coming Saturday I am going to finish last in this 5k. But, I'll get a medal. Which will look good here:




No comments:

Post a Comment