Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting

In case you didn't know and I know that it's been a well kept secret, today you can vote for the Office of President of the United States (if you are an American). I am certain depending on what area of the country you live in, you probably have local elections as well. Today, I exercised my right as an American to vote for whom I feel is the best person to lead this country. You may or may not agree with me and that's o.k. We have the right to disagree. Isn't a federal constitutional republic a great thing?

Yup, I voted. 
Yup, my polling place gives out free snacks.

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "
 Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams
Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1907), 
Vol. IV, p. 256.

Go Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment