Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The week of



This is Shamrock race week. This coming weekend I've got the Townebank 8k on Saturday and the Anthem Half Marathon on Sunday. This week I'm working on eating better than I have been lately. I really should have been eating like this all along, but...

I had a plan for Sunday and I was able to abide by it for most of the day. I planned out two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a cup of coffee. This was before the St. Pat's 5k in Baltimore. I was going to have dried cherries too, but I forgot to pack them. Afterwards, we headed to an Irish restaurant and already knew what I was ordering. But, when we got there they had a limited menu and my choice wasn't available. So, instead of the fish tacos (yes very Irish), I ordered the Blacked Tilapia Salad. Oh yum! It was my first choice and I'm so glad I went with it. Sadly, it wasn't very filling and by the evening I wanted food. And instead of making a quick sandwich or something, I ate crap.

Monday, I got up and focused on my food and water intake.

Breakfast
Granola bar
Banana
Coffee with soy milk

Lunch
Progresso Potato Soup with cheese and bacon
Nuts

Snack
Pretzles
Reeces Peanut Butter Eggs

Dinner
Meatloaf
Mashed Potaoes
Vegetables

Dessert
Banana granola

I feel pretty good about yesterday. I drank a good amount of water and ate healthy. Hit the grocery store last night and bought some yummy fruits and veggies for the week. I want to make sure I give my body the fuel it needs to run the best it can this weekend. I may not have trained as well as I could have, but I can do what I can this week to make me as strong as possible.

What do you do the week before a long race? Do you focus on food and water? Do you focus on workouts? Do you rest? 


No comments:

Post a Comment