Saturday, March 23, 2013

Training has started!

Today was the first training run for Zooma Annapolis. I was going to run three miles as my first post-Shamrock/first training run. Then I remembered I wanted to do the March Get Out & Run virtual run, so I upped it to a 5k. Why not?

Above is my time. I'll be honest, I was just hoping for a sub-40 today. My legs were still a bit wobbly yesterday,  so I didn't think my run would be fast. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. I was doing pretty good until the last 1.1 miles. I had a good pace, but my legs decided 2 miles would have been a better choice and it really took effort to get that last 1.1 miles in, especially since it's all uphill.

But, I did. And I shall receive this for my efforts.

I'm liking these monthly runs/medals. They honestly help me get my butt out there and run my miles. Looking forward to signing up for the April race. Though my April race schedule is pretty packed:

April 6: Movie Madness 5k
April 13: Lager Jogger 5k
April 20: Sole of the City 10k

Guess the last weekend of the month will be Get Out & Run 5k. LOL!

Are you training for a race? What helps motivate you to get out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment