Tuesday, June 18, 2013

40 Pound Challenge: Week 1





Week 1 of the 40 Pound Challenge is done. It was not pretty. It did not go the way I had hoped. I had more off days than on. I got frustrated and ate. Week 1 did not kick off my 40 pound challenge the way I had hoped.

But, week 1 is in the books. My goals are:

increase my protein levels (approximately 79 g per day) 
eat approximately 1500 cals per day 
work out 3-4 days a week

Day 1/June 11:
* Calories were just a tad over (+18 cals)
* Proteins were just a tad under (-16 g)
* No workout
* Grocery store for healthy food

Day 2/June 12:
* Calories just a tad bit under (-85)
* Proteins just a tad bit under (-19)
* 30 minutes TRX/30 minutes stationary bike

Day 3/June 13:
* Started out well, ate on plan for breakfast and lunch
* Ate awful when I arrived home - animal crackers, nuts, pretzels, pizza
* No workout

Day 4/June 14:
* Ate healthy at breakfast and lunch
* Out to eat for dinner and splurged (on plan)
* Dessert (ate the whole thing though meant to only eat half)
* No workout

Day 5/June 15:
* Ate two meals as usual
* Went to the Farmer's Market and picked up cherries, pumpkin butter, real maple syrup, & strawberries
* Ate dinner at the ball park where overall not bad, just one too many beers
* No workout (which was not on plan. Had planned to workout)

Day 6/June 16:
* Overate completely
* No workout
* Stress ate

Day 7/June 17
* Calories just a tad bit over (+134)
* Proteins (finally!) over (+12)
* 30 min TRX/30 min stationary bike

What does all that mean? It means a 2.8 pound loss this week. The goal was 4 pounds, but almost 3 pounds is pretty good. The next "big" goal is to reach the next 10 pound range. Just 1.8 pounds away from that. I could reach that next week. Especially if I do a better job of staying on track.

So, here's to Week 2 of the 40 Pound Challenge! Let's hope I can stay on plan a few more days than week 1 and reach the next 10 pound range!

2 comments:

  1. Almost 3 lbs in one week is great!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the first of 40. Got a ways to go. Hopefully it is the start of a downward trend. :-)

      Delete