Monday, March 10, 2014

Motivational Monday

Does anyone else do this? I know I do. I constantly look at the things that didn't work out, the things that I failed at and focus on those to the exclusion of other things...things that a normal person would think overshadows the disappointments.

But, I know I have been blessed with abundance. I have a good family, good friends, a roof over my head, food in my kitchen, a job that pays my bills, intelligence to make good decisions, a body that overall is healthy, and opportunities I don't even know about yet. These are the things I need to focus on rather than those things that didn't happen the way I wanted.

So today, let us start counting our blessings. Not cheesy like the song (though I do like White Christmas), but honest to goodness looking at what is good in our lives. Focus on what we are fortunate to have and let that overshadow the things that didn't work out the way we hoped. Here are just a few things I am blessed to have:

A fabulous husband
A loving family
Fantastic friends
Adorable kitties
An inquisitive mind
A warm home
Abundant food
A working car
A paying job
A healthy body

What blessings do you have in your life?


2 comments:

  1. Currently my biggest blessing is a loving husband who supports me in everything I do and also gives me the chance to stay at home with our baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh...that IS a blessing! Baby soon, right? How exciting!!

      Delete