Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ravioli Lasagna Crock Pot Recipe

I'll admit right off the bat, you're gonna have to take my word for this because I forgot to take a photo. LOL! Last night I made dinner. Ha! No, I tried a new crock pot recipe I found on Pintrest.

For Lent we gave up meat, so I've been seeking out non-meat recipes to liven up our dinners. We do the typical fish and veggie burgers, but I wanted a few new things so make life interesting. So, I put vegetarian in the search bar and came up with a bunch of recipes.

When I found this recipe under crock pot recipes I decided we had to try it. The original calls for ground meat, but other than that I thought it would adapt well to skipping that step.

I put all the ingredients together around 2:00 p.m. with the idea that it would be ready when we came home from the gym at 8:00 p.m. It was perfect timing really.

When we came home from the gym, it was ready. We spooned out a serving each and dug in. It was delicious! I did nothing, but what the recipe said. I didn't add seasoning or any additional ingredients because I wanted to make sure the core recipe tasted good. And did it!

We decided though, it would be good with meat though we can't try that thought out until after Easter. We also thought we could add in some vegetables - tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, peppers, onions - would add to the flavor while giving us some added nutrients.

This will be a recipe we make again! We got 3.5 servings from the recipe, so we get to have this two more times! Actually pretty excited about this.

Ravioli Lasagna Crock Pot Recipe

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 jar pasta sauce
25-30 frozen ravioli
2 cups Italian blend cheese
1/4 cup water

Layer ingredients in crock pot: sauce, ravioli, sauce, ravioli. Sprinkle cheese evenly all over top. Put water into empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour this water evenly over top of lasagna. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or high about 4.

Recipe credit to Jamie's Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment