Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday peeps! It's here again! 

What am I thankful for this week? I'm going completely basic this week. I am ever so thankful for my house. Yes. I know. Totally basic. But, this winter and the last wacky weather week has made me appreciate having somewhere warm to lay my head at night.

I admit, my bedroom does not have heat or air conditioning, but we're ok with this. We have adjusted (heated mattress pad/electric blanket in winter & fan in summer) and other than this year, we never had to worry about the lack. This year, I spent Jan. through early April sleeping on the sofa in the living room because it was just too darn cold!

But, you know what? WHO CARES???? I have a house. I have a place to put my crap. I have a place to rest my head - bed or otherwise. I have a place to eat. I have a place to house my adorable furbabies. I have a place to go when I need to get away. I have a place I can decorate and make my own.

I am lucky. There are many people who have no home at all. There are many people who want to own a home, but cannot. There are many people who would love to know where they are putting their head down at night.

So today I am thankful for my home. I am a lucky person to have the lovely place that I have. What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So many things we take for granted, so yes, thanks for a roof above our head! I love our house!!

    ReplyDelete