Monday, November 10, 2014

Motivational Monday

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I wish to lose weight. I wish I followed my training plan better. I wish I had the will power to not eat crap. I wish I had wishes to let me lose the weight without any effort.

So far, this hasn't worked so well. I wish and I wish and I wish, but I am still where I was before I started all the wishing. I think I can do it, then I sabotage my efforts. I just can't stay on track. I know I can do it. I've done it before, then fell back into bad habits.

And this is the result

This was taken Sat. at a wedding I attended. Sure, I'm leaning forward so not the most flattering angle, but that doesn't explain my face. In the last 2.5 years I went from being about 10 pounds from my goal weight to being 50 pounds from my goal weight.

So, I need to start standing up for myself more often {meaning standing up to me from me}. I have to tell myself the candy isn't going to get me to my goals. I have to tell myself skipping workouts isn't going to get me to my goals. I have to tell myself waiting to eat dinner will not get me to my goals {I snack uncontrollably unless I eat dinner at a normal hour}. I have to tell myself allowing others desires to eat/go out/etc. come before what I need won't get me to my goals. I need to stand up for myself. I need to ask for help. And I need to take advantage {not in a bad way} of those who are willing to help me.

Do you have a wishbone rather than a backbone?

No comments:

Post a Comment