Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent

How was everyone's Fat Tuesday? Did you get your pancakes in? I did! Hubby and I ate at Perkins last night and fought the Buttermilk 5 {the Buttermilk 5 couldn't care less about this competition. It's all in our heads.}. Sadly, I lost to the Buttermilk 5. I ate 4.5 pancakes. Sad...

So today is now Ash Wednesday. In the Catholic faith the first day of 40 for reflection, abstinence, and remembrance. I'm not going to pretend to be a consistent Catholic. I attended Catholic school for 12 years and married in the Catholic church. Do I go to mass weekly? No. I'm the important holidays type of Catholic. Yea...

But for some reason I strongly adhere to making Lenten resolutions and keeping them. I don't know why, but I do. I have made up my mind for what I'm doing for Lent and thought I would share it with you:

  1. Giving up sweets. No candy, cakes, cookies, pie, donuts, brownies, etc. {not sure what's left honestly...}. I've done this before. I know I can do it. I just know I've been out of control and need to be accountable.
  2. Giving up soda. I had stopped drinking it except maybe once every couple of weeks. Somehow it has wiggled its way back into my diet. 
  3. I re-joined Weight Watchers to focus on eating better. I have just gone nuts with my eating and I need help. My decision is to follow the WW plan as closely as I can each day. Follow the points and track. I won't be perfect, but if I focus on this I can do it. 
  4. I would like to add something religious into my resolutions, but I haven't figured that out. I'll update if I do. Thinking of a devotional on the Kindle.
Are you honoring Lent this year? Are you giving something up? Are you adding something to your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment