Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello again

Sorry. It's been a bit since I've last posted. The last few weeks have been trying to say the least. You know about my car accident {if not, read about it here}. I purchased a car to replace my totaled car on the 21st, on the day of a snow storm. Took us 2 hours to go from the dealership to home, when it took less than an hour to get there.


The following weekend hubby and I celebrated our 19 year dating anniversary, but the next morning I woke up with a stomach/intestinal bug. Oh that was awful! I felt somewhat better on Tuesday, so I went to keep my hair appointment. When I got in my car the ABS/traction control lights came on in the new car... We took it to a local dealership to check out and it either needed a new system or new hydraulics. So frustrating on a car I've had less than three weeks.

Within all this my mother needs open heart surgery. She has a tumor in one of her ventricles and the doctors need to remove it. They believe it is nothing serious, that due to lack of symptoms that this is just a benign growth, but it does need to come out. So, sometime in the next few weeks I'll need to go to Jersey for the surgery.

Then this past Friday night I came home from work and was greeted with the news that one of our upstairs windows cracked. No reason, just cracked. We had to call a window guy to come out. He boarded it up and will have a replacement window in a couple weeks.

So yea...the last few weeks have been rough. But, there have been some positives...

1. Work asked me to go four days a week rather than the 2.5 days I currently work. I won't be doing anything more than I am now, but it is more money.
2. We called the dealer we bought the car from and they are paying for the repairs.
3. I've lost 3.8 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I re-joined Weight Watchers and have been pretty good so far. Fingers crossed I can keep this up!

Sorry about the lack of posts. I didn't mean to just disappear. I'll try my best to not do that again.

How are you? What new and fun stuff are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment