Monday, June 6, 2011

Last Brick

Today, I did my last brick before the duathlon on Saturday.  I wanted one more before Saturday, but didn't want to do anything too strenuous so I didn't injure anything.  Goal was 1 mile run/5 mile bike. 

It was a rough 6 miles, but I got them all in.  I almost didn't.  My run started off great!  I felt like I had a good pace and was all excited.  Then I realized I didn't hit the start button hard enough on my Garmin, so I had NO IDEA what my time was.  So frustrating.  To the point where I almost stopped and went to the bike.  I actually started to walk to my car when I got to the part of the park next to the parking lot.  But, then I realized I didn't want to do that.  While it wasn't as great a second half a mile as the first, I did run the whole mile before getting on the bike.

For some reason, the front of my thighs have been sore when riding the bike.  I think it's from the bricks since they were fine when I was just riding the bike.  I was sore, but I stuck the course and finished my 5 miles.  It wasn't my fastest 5 miles, but I got it done.  I did my final brick before the duathlon and didn't shorten it...even though I wanted to.

Here's hoping that the duathlon goes better Saturday than my last two training workouts.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to kick butt! Just don't do another duathlon the day before. :-)

    ReplyDelete