Sunday, January 4, 2009

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

See, it is so good, it gets it's own post. LOL! Actually, it really is good. This is one of our favorites and it really is good. I got it from a Weight Watchers cookbook and since we love all things pizza, it was worth trying. It instantly become a family favorite!

This time around we played with it. We went with a thin crust pizza dough from Pillsbury, diced tomatoes rather than sauce, and veggie crumbles from Morningstar rather than beef. And honestly, it was great! I added Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and basil to the crumbles/tomato mixture. It really was good. Normally, it's 7 points (for those who do WW), but I'm sure it was reduced since we went with the crumbles/tomatoes/thin crust dough. In case you want to see what it looks like, here ya go!



It makes 6 servings, so we'll have yummy left overs this week. I think tomorrow night I'm going to cook up a turkey tenderloin. They have great ones at BJ's with a lime seasoning that's devine. Tastes good on it's own, in a salad, or with rice and veggies.

I also bought veggies for sandwiches. I am addicted to humus and so, I got veggies, red pepper humus and pita. I have a delicious humus, veggie, and pita for lunch tomorrow. I cannot wait! Is that sad, or what? LOL! I also think I'm taking a walk at lunch, unless it rains, then some Wii action when I get home, after WW weigh-in. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment