Friday, November 20, 2009

Typical lunch

So, I post a good deal about what I eat in the Points section of my updates. One lunch we have quite frequently is a Flat Out Veggie wrap. So, I thought I would share with you what I do to make it, in case it sounds like something you would like. If not, skip this post and keep going. :-)

Lunch generally helps me get my veggies in, if I make it myself. So, once or twice a week I will grab the skillet, cut up veggies and make a toasted veggie wrap using Flat Out Bread. Here's how you make it.

I take one Flat Out Bread wrap:

Then I spread Sonoma Jack Lite Cheese onto it. There are three flavors our grocery store carries and we like all three - Pepper Jack, Garlic and Herb, and Peppercorn.
With the cheese spread on the Flat Out Bread.
Once that's done, I take cut up veggies and stir-fry them in the skillet. We generally go with onions, carrots, red and green peppers, and whatever else we might have in the fridge. It's all personal preference, so put whatever vegetables you like in the stir-fry. I also like to add a little seasoning to the vegetables. Most of the time it's garlic powder, but sometimes it's Old Bay, sometimes it's Cajun. Depends on what I'm in the mood for.
Once the veggies are cooked to my liking, I put them in the middle of the Flat Out bread.
Then take the sides and wrap them around the middle. With the cheese spread across the whole bread, it makes a kind of glue that holds the edges together when you make the wrap. I've done this without taking the cheese to the edge, and when you fold the edges in, they don't stay. The cheese on the outside edges really makes the difference.
Now it's ready for the toaster oven. Put the setting what ever works for yours, ours is set to toast. It's such an old toaster oven that we basically leave it on the same setting for everything. LOL!
When it comes out, it's nice and toasted and yummy! It's a nice healthy 2 point sandwich that will really fill you up! I've also made it with canned tuna in water, which ups the point value to 4, but gives you the benefit of protein. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment